One Premium Fitness Days of Christmas – Cookie dough bites
Friday, December 14th, 2018
We’re all guilty of picking at sweet treats throughout December, but we’ve got a recipe for some cookie dough bites which are enough to satisfy a sweet tooth without having too bad an impact on your waistline!
- 45g ground oats
- 220g ground almonds
- 30g ground walnuts
- Half a cup of maple syrup
- 1 and a half tbsp. of honey
- 1 and a half tbsp. of cinnamon
- 1 and a half tbsp. of ground ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Melted dark chocolate (enough for drizzling)
- In a blender add the ground almonds and ground walnuts
- Blend for 6 minutes until the mixture starts to resemble a butter like consistency
- Add the oats and blitz (so as to not tip the mixture into nut butter) until the oats are evenly distributed through the mixture
- In a mixing bowl add your maple syrup, honey, cinnamon, ground ginger and nutmeg and stir
- Add the sweet mixture to the blender and blitz until it clumps into a single ball of ‘dough’
- Using a table spoon, spoon out the mixture and roll in your hands until they are a sphere in shape, add to a lined baking tray
- Place the baking tray into the fridge while you melt the dark chocolate
- Once melted, bring the bites out of the fridge and drizzle with dark chocolate
- Allow the chocolate to set and tuck in!
These cookie dough bites should be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week or the freezer for up to two weeks.