How to master the fitness selfie
Monday, January 29th, 2018
You can’t deny it, everyone loves a good selfie, and they’re everywhere, especially from those striking a pose in their gym gear.
52% of 18-29 year olds admit to posting fitness and progress pictures on Instagram and it’s only becoming more and more popular with people wanting to document their efforts.
With fitness accounts belonging to the likes of Michelle Lewin earning more than 10 million followers, it’s even becoming an extremely lucrative business.
So whether you’re looking to earn your next million pounds, or just wanting to show your progress off to your friends, here are some tips to mastering the art of fitness selfies:
- Take the picture after your workout to show your hard work.
- Lighting! Get lots of natural lighting to alternate shadows.
- Filters are your friends and who doesn’t love them? Ludwig and Xpro give a good tan.
- Use popular and relevant(!) hashtags e.g. #fitness #strongnotskinny #fitfam etc.
- Ladies, if you want to make best use of your angles, point your hips away from the mirror to make your waist appear smaller and shoulders bigger.
- SMILE. You should be happy with your progress, so show it!
- And lastly, don’t post the same type of picture repeatedly!
So what are you waiting for? Happy snapping! #SELFIE