Dehydration, drink your water
Thursday, July 12th, 2018
We can’t bang on enough about the importance of staying hydrated, especially during the warmer weather. Human bodies are made up of around 60% water, so to function optimally, you need to keep your levels topped up.
The reasons are endless, but the main ones are:
- A lack of water will make you heavier. How? If your body is dehydrated, it will lead to water retention and your body, being efficient as it is, will hold onto every last drop, meaning your body mass goes up.
- Your workouts will suffer. Without sufficient water, your body can’t convert carbs into energy to help you perform, and low liquid levels will slow down the breakdown of fat!
- If you’re looking to lose or maintain weight, a water bottle should be your best friend as it seriously impacts your metabolism! Just two tall glasses of water can kick start your metabolism and rev it up by 30%.
- Need to be productive at work? You need to drink plenty water. Your bran is 80% water and dehydration impacts its abilities. Studies suggest drinking a glass of water can improve brain function by more than 10%.
- You could appear to look older. Water plumps your skin and a lack of it impacts collagen production, resulting in more visible wrinkles and fine lines.
Still not sold?
When hydrated you are at greater risk of a stroke, you’re susceptible to headaches, your kidneys won’t be functioning optimally, your risk of a stroke increases, and your heart finds it harder to maintain blood flow!